3 Fundamental Career Paths + 17 Specific Roles For Business Management Graduates
If you’re looking for a career as a manager, getting a business management degree can offer a wide array of career options in many different industries.
Learning about the jobs available with a degree in business management can help you determine if it’s the right educational program for you.
In this article, we offer 3 core career paths and specific roles you can pursue with a business management degree.
What is a Business Management degree
A Business Management degree is an undergraduate-level academic program that focuses on providing students with a broad understanding of various aspects of business and management.
This degree is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to enter the business world and pursue entry-level positions in various industries.
What areas of expertise will a Business Management degree cover
Key components of a Business Management degree program typically include courses in areas such as:
1. Business fundamentals: Introductory courses covering the basic principles of business, including organisational behavior, business ethics, and business law.
2. Management: Courses that explore the principles of management, leadership, and decision-making within an organisational context.
3. Marketing: Understanding the fundamentals of marketing, including market research, product development, branding, and advertising.
4. Finance: Basic concepts of financial management, accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis.
5. Operations management: Learning about the efficient management of business processes, supply chain management, and operations strategies. Explore the certified supply chain professional salary benchmarks.
6. Human resources: Introduction to HR management, including topics like recruitment, employee relations, training, and performance management.
7. Entrepreneurship: Exploring the principles of starting and managing a business, including business planning and innovation.
8. Strategic management: Understanding how businesses develop and implement strategies to achieve their goals and remain competitive.